How to Take Better Care of Yourself at Home by Brad krause
How to Take Better Care of Yourself at Home
Getting fit at home has never been easier than it is today. And since we spend so much time at home, we might as well make the most of the opportunity to get fit and active with the resources we have. That’s why Douvall's has put together the following guide to help take better care of yourself – even while you’re at home.
Follow a routine:
Following a routine doesn't mean doing the same thing every day. It just means knowing what to expect so that your days don't overwhelm you.
- Try to stick to set times when it comes to waking up and going to bed so that you get enough rest each night.
- Cut out those activities that are a waste of time or that lead you to procrastinate.
- Measure the results by recording your daily activities to see what you spend most of your week doing.
Stress is one of the most significant contributors to poor health. So, do your best to minimise this to lead a healthy, stress-free lifestyle.
- Ensure to take regular breaks throughout the day, especially if you have lots to do, as this will give you the restorative rest you need to function at your best.
- Taking a break also includes taking a break from social media if you feel like it has been holding you back from your goals.
- Inform family and friends that you'll be taking a brief hiatus from social media; that way, they know what to expect.
- Maximise the time you do have off by doing self-care activities that make you relaxed and happy. Exercise is a great way to unwind, even if it is just doing Pilates or yoga.
Feed your body and mind well
Eating the correct food will not only help you concentrate better but make you feel better, too.
- Thinking about boosting your brain power? Eat oily fish such as salmon, tuna herrings, and sardines.
- If you are looking to increase your body strength, then you should consume a high protein-based diet.
- Drink plenty of water to ensure you stay optimally hydrated throughout the day.
Staying healthy, fit, and active should be a primary concern for many to be happier and more content. Just don't relax too much that you forget about exercise and eat a healthy diet, as these should also be vital components of your day.
By Brad Krause